- 10 rounds on the C2 rower of:
- Pull a sub-1:25/500-m pace for as long as possible
- Rest 3 minutes
Scale pace as needed so that first interval can be maintained for approximately 1 minute.
Scaling for the rest of us
Pull a sub-1:45/500-meter pace for as long as possible. Rest 3:00.
5-7 x 1:00 sprints
Pull as close to sub-2:00/500-meter pace as possible. Rest 3:00.
Note: warm up first!
I’m thinking about ways I can make this program easier: I will succeed at three week sugar-free me. I’ve joined the official program at the basic level, so I can have access to the 21DSD forum. Join Here!
Identify your why
- why are you doing this? What do you want to get out of it?
- what are you willing to put into it?
- how do you plan to stay on track? do you have a reminder system? A buddy? Come join us at 50 Fit.
Learn from the past
- What have you tried in the past?
- What worked? What didn’t?
- Think about how you can apply what you’ve learned. Write some notes to yourself.
Read the instructions in 21DSD
- choose your level (keeping in mind the phrase, “don’t be a hero”)
- look at the yes/no lists for your level
- do you need an energy modification?
Plan for your success
- when you are most successful, do you follow a meal plan? or do you like to play the “What’s for dinner” guessing game?
- when do you usually shop for food? How often?
- do you like to cook? When are you going to prepare your meals?
- What can you do this week to make next week easier?
- Can you use next weekend to prepare some meals in advance?
- Decide if you want some more support. You can join the program here:
January is coming. I will be doing the 21 day sugar detox. it starts officially 5 January. will you join me? Full program details here:
We lie to ourselves when we say, “it’s too late for me.” This story seduces us into inaction. THIS interesting story suggests that regret begins to set in around age 50. But if you want to make a difference, our age is our advantage. In this powerful new Tedx Talk, heart doctor Jonathan Sackner-Bernstein shows how our brain power increases after age 50 and why we primed for our most successful years yet.
Skills + experience + wisdom = success.
I had a great time coaching at CrossFit Scheveningen today – showing the athletes Tension Release Exercises™ – a wonderful way to help your muscles recover more quickly after a workout.
Today I tried a 2k “burst” session instead of a steady row.
- 60 seconds warm up
- 30 seconds hard
- 60 seconds recovery
Repeat 30:60 intervals until done. Cool down for a minute if you’ve finished on a burst interval.